Saturday 12 January 2013

Review: Living In the Light of Eternity

This is another book by K.P. Yohannan, the founder of Gospel for Asia.  It basically chronicles what it means to be truly living God’s design for our lives, which is not to be successful in worldly terms, but to be faithful in proclaiming His gospel and empowering others to do the same.
One of the things I liked best about this book was that it really made me think.  I am (mostly) willing (I do have my moments) to lay my life down at the cross… but how willing am I to get others to do the same?  Would I be encouraging my husband to do so if I were married?  My children to do so if I had children?  Would I be willing for them to be missionaries, or to give all their money to spread the gospel, or to care for the poor?  Am I willing to give others over to God?
This is a really wonderful book that explored what it means to be a missionary, whether you are at home or overseas, and I really recommend it!
You can buy Living In the Light of Eternity from the Gospel For Asia website.

No comments:

Post a Comment