Thursday 31 May 2012

Preparing - Think Beforehand

One of the things I advise that you do before going on a mission trip is to THINK about your daily life... and what would be the corresponding life in the country your going to.

For example, I thought about this, and realised that I will probably not be able to shower daily. Result: I bought wipes so that I can keep as clean as I like.

Another thought, I probably won't be able to wash my hair as often. So I have spent the past three months stretching the time between washes - I now am fine with a week and a half. And I've bought dry shampoo.

Now, these things are not life or death matters, but they will make you more (or less) comfortable. And if you are worried about these simple things, you won't be as effective at ministering to the people you are serving.

So think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment