Wednesday 19 October 2011

Fundraising

One of the big things that put people off of mission trips is the costs involved. They aren't cheap - you can go on a holiday for the same kind of price, and it can be tempting to just go on the holiday instead. But a mission trip has a lot more benefits than just a holiday!

Anyway, onto fundraising. I've done a small amount of fundraising for this mission trip. I have definitely not raised anywhere near the amount that I would have needed to go (I'm funding myself with the rest), but I have raised around $300 in a month, with not that much time or effort.

My two main fundraisers have been selling chocolates at church and work, and making and selling felties. At the moment I'm selling the chocolates for $2 and making $1 profit per bar, and the felties for $5, all of which is profit, but involves a fair bit of work on my part (each feltie takes about 3 hours to make, but I watch DVDs or listen to sermons while making them).


(Felties pictured not made by me)

You CAN raise funds for a mission trip! When people know what you are raising your funds for, sometimes they will just give you money. Even two non-Christians have given me money ($10 each)! Be humble enough to accept it (not like me, who was ready to argue with the person who gave her $50).

Be creative, stick with it, and you can get there in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment